What's in a Men's Classic Watch? Lucien Piccard Black Dial Watch for $60

I've wanted a simple classic black dial watch with black leather band for quite a while now. However, I did not want to pay $5,000 for a designer watch, and I will never wear a knockoff. So, what options are available for someone who wants a classic style watch that is not quite top notch designer but that is also not complete garbage? Something in the low price range that doesn't look like crap...This won't be easy guys!

First, I looked on eBay and pilfered through thousands of photos of watches that included non-functional and damages watched. What a hassle! I just don't have the time. So I gave up the hunt for a nice vintage watch and decided to got o Amazon and buy a new watch with a vintage look and feel.

I remembered seeing a Lucien Piccard watch in the window of a local jewelry store in New York and decided to start with this brand first. Low and behold, I found exactly what I was looking for in this watch.

However, I do not like the band as it is prone to immediate wrinkling (huge pet peeve). I found myself  back at eBay ordering a genuine lizard skin 20mm watch band to replace this one with. More photos to come when it arrives. This is certainly not the best watch on the market, but I think it's quite a steal for $60 with free shipping.


Lucien Piccard in Action with BOYBEADS bracelets
Lucien Piccard Watch 


Lucien Piccard watch and BOYBEADS bracelets
Lizard watch bands from HIRSCH.

Comments

Popular Posts